We're fans of anything which helps us glow from the inside out, so naturally we’re addicted BLOOM Matcha. Simply add a spoonful to water, juice or coffee, or follow one of our fabulous, simple summer recipes, then let the powerful antioxidants work their magic, rejuvenating skin, reducing tissue damage, neutralising destructive free radicals and flushing toxins from your whole system. Staying fresh and youthful has never been so easy (or, indeed, tasty).
Green Tea Absolute Matcha Coconut Icecream
♥ 1 coconut (water and coconut meat)
♥ 2 ripe bananas
♥ 1 cup date paste (12 dates + 300ml water, blended)
♥ 2 tbsp coconut butter (melted)
♥ 1/3 tsp pure vanilla extract
♥ 3 heaping tbsps matcha powder
1. Blend all the ingredients in the blender until the mixture is smooth. Taste for desirable sweetness.
2. Pour the mixture into a glass dish with an air tight lid and place in the freezer for 8-10 hours. Leave out of the freezer for an least 10-15 minutes before serving so its soft enough to scoop into a dish.
3. Serve with cocoa nibs, maple syrup, toasted nuts or fruit!
Matcha Mint Tart
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 9 large medjool dates
- pinch salt
- 2 cups coconut shreds
- 2 rips bananas
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons agar flakes
- 3 teaspoons BLOOM Brainboost Matcha
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- handful fresh mint leaves
- To make the base, process all ingredients in a food processor until you have a sticky dough. Press the dough firmly into the bottom of a 7 inch cake pan making sure you press the dough into the corners.
- To make the middle filling, add half of all the ‘filling’ ingredients except the matcha powder into the food processor and blitz until smooth. Scoop out the filling and spread it firmly and evenly onto the base.
- Repeat the above process adding the 3 teaspoons of matcha and a handful of fresh mint then spread it on top of the other two cake layers.
- Refrigerate overnight to let the mixture set then sprinkle with matcha powder (optional) and garnish with fresh mint.
Mini Matcha Sesame Loaves
- 2 cups light spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons BLOOM Matcha powder
- 1/2 cup ripe mashed banana (1 medium banana)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 8-10 mini loaf cake cases
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mash the banana along with the maple syrup, sugar, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. If there are any large lumps from the banana, you can always use the food processor to blend it until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and use a spatula to gently fold together until combined. Pour it into small mini load cases and then bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until you can prick the centre of each loaf with a fork and it comes out clean.
- Once cool, brush the top of each cake loaf with vanilla almond milk and top with a sprinkling of black sesame seeds for a nutty crunch.
Cakes will stay good for up to 3 days in an airtight container.